Final Major Project- Final Wall Design

So I had to change the layout of my wall from horizontal to vertical. As we had limited in our exhibition I had to rethink my design but in the end I think it worked out for the better. It shows a clear path as you read from top to bottom. I also liked the idea of it being a path to a broader connection. I wanted to make sure the message would flow so I had to use specific important points from the book in order for each sentence to link together. But I also wanted each point to stand out on it’s own so I used the black and white alternatively as well as bringing the opacity down on the white to break it up otherwise it would have looked too much for the eyes.

Here is my development where I changed the sizing of some words as they were overpowering the most important words which are ‘WE BELIEVE’ ‘WE ARE’ WE NEED’. I also mocked up what the wall could look like once the audience had stuck their labels up.  I think the end outcome will look really interesting and even more engaging as people will start to read what other people have to say.

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 18.59.04

My final design flows a lot more now as the words carry on from each other and have more of a story after I changed some of the messages towards the bottom. I’m really happy with the final outcome and I can’t wait to see what it will look like on vinyl. I think vinyl will really compliment the design as it will be part of the wall.

Advertisements


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s